Thursday, October 20, 2016

Spatularium


One fine Northumbrian day we took a walk along the lovely  Haltwhistle Burn path to Haltwhistle.


We checked out the town, had lunch, and met an elderly gentleman who asked us about the current election in the states and what we thought about "That Noisy Fella". The man stated that he thought the candidate in question "could wreak havoc in an empty box". Spot on, fine sir!

Moving along we passed a window display that informed us that we were not at the Spatularium showroom, but that if we wanted to be we should keep walking a mile or two down the road and we would be there. This of course was way too intriguing to ignore.

We walked to the edge of town and finally arrived and found the "showroom" was actually a woodshop, and backroom office full of plastic totes stuffed with product.

No worries, the staff was friendly and accommodating showing us the wares and telling us all about the business. Then the spatula artist himself showed up and gave us the workshop tour including instruction on the basics of spatula creation.


Tim Foxall is a very enthusiastic and congenial guy. His spatulas reflect his spirit.


We couldn't choose, so we went for the quantity discount. 


It was a bit like going to the dog pound and trying to leave all the puppies but one, behind. Fortunately the spatulas take less care and travel well so we could be a bit more generous in giving them homes.

If you are ever in Haltwhistle, UK we recommend you stop in at the spatularium to see Tim and his crew and all their little spatula friends. 



3 comments:

Honeybee said...

Mine hangs near the coffee cup stash, mainly to admonish me with the expression (attributed to it, by me) that "Yikes! You've had enough!!"

Unknown said...

Hiya. I idly googled Sptularium yesterday and found your lovely comments and photos (even the one of me isn't TOO bad!). Only a year and a half late, so I must read some of your more recent posts as well. I must also inflict various forfeits (standing on my head?) on myself if I don't update the website this week. I have started trying to do Instagram.

Thanks again - and visit again whenever!

Tim Foxall

next door Laura said...

I Tim,

I'll be in your area again this May.

Perhaps I will make a repeat visit to the Spatularium.

Laura