Thursday, May 27, 2010

Live Like You Mean It. Seriously, Stop Foolin' Around.

Traditionally this is a huge weekend for the state's economy. We've got the cheese curd batter beaten, fishing lines baited, antique shops dusted off, and road construction cones pulled to the shoulder for a few days, but sadly, someone forgot to choose a proper slogan. Writing home on a postcard that says "Live Like You Mean It - Wish You Were Here" just ain't right.




Give us back America's Dairyland aka The Vacationer's Paradise,




The Nation's Summer Vacation-land,




The Fisherman's Paradise,




The Badger State,




Escape to Wisconsin, Life's so Good, Stay a Little Longer,



or even the 1985 people's choice, Eat Cheese or Die,




...but please, before the tourists show up, let's rethink "Live Like You Mean It". It's embarassing. I mean it.

2 comments:

Honeybee said...

After reading this on your enclosed link - "The department had spent $57,000 developing the logo and slogan..." - I think the state's tourism director should have been let go. No, wait, she'll (he'll?) probably show up as our new Main St. director! I'm all for bringing back one of those great old slogans. I vote for "Eat Cheese or Die"! Loved the postcards, NDL.

Unknown said...

Laura,
Thanks for the note and the link! I love these......and like I said I will be in EC this fall, I will send you my phone number....maybe we can meet! :) Sandy