Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hearing Voices

Do you hear voices?

We do. Wise ones, silly ones, kind ones, life changing ones - and most of them are not the voices of famous quotable personalities - they are the voices of our keenly insightful friends, relatives, and neighbors. Here are some of the inner words that guide, comfort, and make us smile everyday:

Yeast knows when you're afraid of it.

A poor workman blames his tools.

"I can't" is a sluggard too lazy to try.

Things have a way of working out.

Roast beef is done, we are finished.

A small mind is easily amused.

It's a poor cookie that can't grease its own pan.

A bored person is a boring person.

Whistling girls and crowing hens never come to any good ends.

Don't let school get in the way of your education.

Rain before seven, sun by eleven.

Socks are a waste of time.

Things will look better in the morning.

Try not to act like a hick.

Righty tighty, lefty loosey.

As a matter of fact I do have a ham hock.

It was the best ____ ever!

Breast your cards.

You'll find out when we get there.

Honey, don't think for a minute they're not talking about you too.

A little dirt never hurt anybody.



Jules Bastien-Lepage - Joan of Arc Listening to the Voices



What do the voices in your head say?

6 comments:

Little Lulu said...

Love it.
How about "Get up and stir around. You'll feel better"?

Jerilynn said...

Thanks, NDL, for the smile. I really needed one today!

Honeybee said...

"Socks are a waste of time" is my favorite since I was there to hear it first-hand.

Georgiann said...

I've surely heard &/or used many of those!

Mike Kasdorf said...

This too shall pass my son.

Charlotte said...

Had I been heeding some of those voices I would not have had to hear my own say.....wudda,shudda,cudda or WHAT was I thinking?! or Seemed like a good idea at the time....