Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Art Car Encounter

We heard there would be art cars. We had to find them.




Success.




This car's theme - circles.




Her other art car - covered with corks.






"Hey," I sez. "I met some women who were saving corks for a friend with a cork covered art car."




"They had bags of corks with them on a winter knit/ski retreat. I think the main cork saver was the knitter named Jane who got corks from a bartending friend."




"Yes," she sez, "I know Jane. Those corks were for me."




"Small (art car) world!" I sez. She agreed.




Let's count the degrees of separation from me to artcargirl. One - my friend.





Two - Her sister.




Three - Her knitting friend Jane, the cork saver.




Four - Artcargirl. Shazam! Only four degrees of separation from the colorful world of art cars.


I wonder if the cork saving knitters have seen this amazing yarncar. It's all acrylic, which I'm sure is perfect for wearing if you are not human. Do you think the car pills?

7 comments:

Mary B. said...

Oh my gosh. That is amazing. If the knitters have not seen it.....what should we do?

wynne said...

It's like a giant piece of jewelry! I thought MY car was embellished! Yikes, I've never seen anything like it. Once again Laura, You've introduced me to something whimsical I would never have otherwise known about. You have a knack for this kind of magical discovery. Pretty much Picasso is making me so excited for summer too!

Georgiann said...

I'll look for the pic I saw in a magazine of the Canadiana car that out and about during the Vancouver Olympics. Same, but different!

Honeybee said...

Just think what you could accomplish in ONE day, driving around to garage sales, glue gun (or caulk gun) in hand. Maybe if my van really starts to show its age I'll start embellishing it. Think that's too much for our little burg? Will it get me a free ticket to the looney bin? Is it worth attempting? NDL, advise please.

next door Laura said...

"Go for it Chris N", I sez. "Heck, you can start with the tchotchkes on my kitchen shelves and have the van pretty much covered before thrift sale season even starts. Then you can finish it up during arts and crafts time at the looney bin."

Tacitus said...

Lets do it! But to attain true art car greatness it needs to start with an odd shape. What ever happened to that AMC Gremlin that was up on blocks for so long?

TJW

Honeybee said...

No, no, no, I prospose locating my first auto, a '69 Rambler American (non-descript light brown, as I remember - "thieves will ignore this in D.C.", my father advised). It would lend itself well to a square theme, or a woodsy theme, or....