Monday, April 12, 2010

Charleston, SC April 2009

About this time last year - a half-century celebration adventure in Charleston.




















I took this trip with a pal who has been my BFF since we attended Whiteman Junior High School where we gossiped in the J-K locker section and kibbutzed at the back of the orchestra on a daily basis. Neither the lovely Jeanne Jones in the locker between us, Mr. Kirk's flying baton, or summer vacation could stop us from bonding.

I had never really had a desire to go to Charleston, but after some hesitation I agreed realizing that anywhere my BFF goes is where the fun is. When I am with her (which is way not often enough) I always learn amazing things that enhance the quality of (Bonnie Bell Lipsmackers - 1973) or completely change (eyelash curler - 1974) my life. For instance, if you cannot pack the Secret Investment Club Margarita Recipe ingredients in your carry-on bag try Lt. Blender's version. And for the best Bloody Mary request Zing Zang mix by name. I have learned plenty more from my friend over our nearly four decades of friendship, but I am sharing this select cocktail-related wisdom today so that you may be ready for patio and deck season when it is finally in full swing. And when it is, please raise your glass and wish my wise friend well for her next wonderful half century.

2 comments:

Mary B. said...

ok. downlouding those recipes right now.

Charlotte said...

I think, no, I KNOW, that I learned way more about life from you! Can't wait for the next adventure. Besides being my BFF you are the best traveling budy ever. Thanks for the sweet memories :0)