Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wild Stripes Baby Blanket


This is a variation on the Wild Stripes Baby Blanket from Knitty. The intention was to be knitting it in solidarity with a beginning knitter friend whose sister was having a baby (as a sort of a sympathetic pregnancy knitting mentor), but the baby came quite early. His auntie gave him some nice stuff from a gift registry and I was left to knit my blanket alone. It was an excellent and warm TV-watching project for me last winter and finally, the fabric backing is on and it is finished as the baby who started it all nears two-years-old.

I feel quite confident that my blanket would have appeared nearly as smooth and ripple-free as the one at Knitty if I had been photographing it on a day when temps were not subzero. Fussing over the staging that day could have resulted in frostbite. Just an excuse I know, but a pretty good one. The need for a baby to have a nice warm blanket like this is much more obvious in my photo setting than it is in theirs.

1 comment:

Little Lulu said...

I LOVE this blanket: wonderful colors, great backing! And it is unisex without looking as though someone has worked at that. Nice work.