Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Winona Road Trip Part II

The grounds and setting of the Museum of Marine Art are as wonderful as the museum itself. On the day of our trip we had beautiful weather and a blue sky, but the landscape was still pretty drab as fields and forests were just beginning the "greening up" process. Native and perrennial plantings surround the building.



The tall grasses from last year were still very impressive.




The Mississippi River, still frozen in many places, is not yet open for barge traffic.




Out on the ice there were two adult and a juvenile bald eagle. This is as far as my camera will zoom on its own. Do you see them in front of the barges? The juvenile is gone now.




I thought I would try a technique that never would have occurred to me before my sister and niece used it to photograph wildlife on a recent trip to Costa Rica. Here is attempt one at a shot through binoculars.




On attempt two the bird took off and I got it. A somewhat successful experiment!

No comments: